Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Cheapo guitar sustainer/feedbacker

<< < (4/4)

sorveltaja:
I took another look at the pedal's ldr. I removed the 10M resistor, that was in previous block diagram. Then tested again with parallel resistor, and now it worked, as expected.
About 360k seems to be usable value in this case. I really need to make clearer block diagram of the current setup, to make sense of what I'm doing.

This is the whole mess:

and the pedal:

It appears to work, but there is a 'bump' in the frequency response, when rocking the pedal up and down, making it difficult to dial in certain frequencies, so it's not as linear, like on the wah pedals.
That is about the only bug so far. Yeah, I've tested the actual wah pedal(Dunlop Crybaby) in place of super tone control, but it has rather limited frequency range for this purpose.   

But babbling aside. First results using the pedal. I used another guitar, that has a commercial tremolo, which has a 'dive bomb' range, to see, what's the overall response:

http://www.elisanet.fi/kz1706/sustainer/Sustainer_pedal_test.mp3

There are many factors, that affect the end result. Just adjusting the super tone control settings offers plenty of options for fine tuning.

sorveltaja:

--- Quote from: biankastuekerjuerge5 on September 22, 2022, 03:18:11 PM ---Hi guys, I want to do this too, and I'm wondering what you've done here. For you to understand me better, I would also like to make pedals for my guitar myself. I hope it's not as difficult as it looks in your pictures. I would be glad if someone would write to me and talk in more detail about where to start, which materials are better to choose, and so on. I hope that someone will be interested in talking about it here. I've seen a lot of different accessories on the Internet and even found a website where I've already ordered a guitar tuning knobs, but I don't quite understand where to start my work. So I'm counting on you guys.

(edited by a mod to remove potential spam link)

--- End quote ---

Do you mean sustainer related pedal or pedals in general? If it's latter, good place to start would be this site: https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b39dba647f25c3a15e681df2b526703c&board=2.0

If it's about building pedal controlled sustainer, there doesn't seem to be much (if any) info on the net, about how to build one, so it would require plenty of testings (like filters, guitar's resonating frequencies and such) to make a working one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version