Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

DTI Challenge....

(1/12) > >>

AdeV:
As mentioned in another thread, somewhere else, I recently unearthed an old DTI. It's been stuck in the bottom of a box, in some mystery gunk, for - well, ever as far as I can tell. I've no idea what the gunk is, but it's covering about 1/2 of the dial, looks a bit like un-diluted jelly - it's got a slightly springy but also crystallised texture. It doesn't dissolve in white spirit. Unfortunately, it's jammed the needle, and also covered up the markings that tell me what the scale is, so I don't know if it reads thousandths or tenths...

What I can tell is, it was made by A. Capp & Sons (Andy Capp??), and was inspected on the 9th June 1965.

Anyway, Bob (aka krv3000) has kindly offered to take up the challenge, although he hasn't seen the state of it yet! I think this one will be really tricky to bring back from the dead...

See pics below. I 3D-printed a nice box for it to go in, which will be its permanent home if it is rescuable!

philf:
Ade,

I don't like throwing things away but that would have gone in the bin! (But then I have a couple similar)

Good luck with it Bob.

Phil.

chipenter:
Bob wont be putting the cotton buts in his mouth on that one , I learnt a lot from his videos .

vtsteam:
Bob, you have your work cut out for you!  :bow:

AdeV:

--- Quote from: philf on December 28, 2020, 07:22:37 AM ---I don't like throwing things away but that would have gone in the bin! (But then I have a couple similar)

--- End quote ---

It nearly went in the bin... what stopped me is; I've only got one other DTI like this (and it's a 10ths one, my P&J, which gets only occasional light use), and I thought Bob might like the challenge :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version