Author Topic: Mitutoyo code E-05  (Read 6833 times)

Offline Dell

• anniversary-clocks.co.uk
Mitutoyo code E-05
« on: October 04, 2020, 04:02:38 AM »
Hi all hope everyone staying safe
I have a mitutoyo 293-601 with error code E-05 anyone know what this is , I have googled it some say just needs reset some say internal problem , just wondering if anyone on here has any information.
Thanks in advance Dell
Old man but still learning

Offline BillTodd

• Colchester Essex (where the lathes were made)
Re: Mitutoyo code E-05
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 06:03:42 AM »
Guessing the part is either a mic or caliper (do you really expect people to recognise the part number?)  , Then typical fauls are  water/coolant  ingresor, fine  metal particles  getting between capacitive sensors. Calipers can get scratches on the underside of the pcb - if any copper is visible you may have to paint with a thin layer of varnish

Remove battery, strip apart so you can clean it out.  Use a plastic save solvent like iso propanol to wash out any obvious contamination.

Calibration is not normally effected.

Bill

Offline Dell

• anniversary-clocks.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 10:31:12 AM »
Sorry Bill
I am an old man that forgets things ( that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it ) it is a digital micrometer, I found a video on YouTube did what he suggested and seems to be working fine now , he suggested it could have been dropped but I hadn’t dropped or banged it .
His solution was take it apart loosen the two screws one on anvil end and one on other end and if you hear a click then that was the problem and I had the click, put it back together and only time will tell.
Thanks Dell
Old man but still learning

Offline richardwilde90

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 10:05:06 AM »
Getting the E-05 error code on the Mitutoyo LINK REMOVED  is probally because you are working with coolant or liquid and some may of got through the seal.

Best thing to do is whip down the screen and replace the battery. it will fix it.

Hi all hope everyone staying safe
I have a mitutoyo 293-601 with error code E-05 anyone know what this is , I have googled it some say just needs reset some say internal problem , just wondering if anyone on here has any information.
Thanks in advance Dell
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 05:14:17 PM by spuddevans »