Author Topic: A lever-feed attachment for the tailstock of the Cowells90 lathe  (Read 1847 times)

Offline rolgiati

Flip side of insomnia, one starts designing something, then spends the days making the design !

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: A lever-feed attachment for the tailstock of the Cowells90 lathe
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 01:29:23 PM »
I have to say that several times that I've been lying awake in the small hours, I've either solved a conundrum or worked out a plan of action that's set me to work in the morn!

The most recent was, after having had a dreadful day when I broke two windows in the tractor using the hedge flail and catching a fence pole (scary incident :bugeye:) I realised that rather than re-glaze and cover the glass with anti shatter film, it actually would be better to re-glaze in poly-carbonate.

Then the following night it dawned on me that it would be easier to bond the poly-carbonate directly to the cab frame with speciality glue rather than struggle with rubber mouldings, and at the same time I could then increase the thickness to more than the rubber would have accepted.

. . . .both sessions at about 3:30 - 4 am . . . but productive.

Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline NormanV

• United Kingdom
Re: A lever-feed attachment for the tailstock of the Cowells90 lathe
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 02:41:43 PM »
I spend quite a lot of the night time hours awake and spend the time planning the next stage of my current project. Maybe insomnia, but I call it time well spent!