Author Topic: New here but old  (Read 3500 times)

Offline Dell

• anniversary-clocks.co.uk
New here but old
« on: September 27, 2020, 02:40:06 PM »
Hi all
New to forum but not really a mad modder ( although the wife thinks I am mad) but I am into torsion clocks
And the only thing I modified is my watchmakers lathe making new fittings for it to hopefully make things a bit easier ( doesn’t always) , I is surprising what tips can be picked up on forums like this and hopefully pass a few on .
I am a coachbuilder by trade so I have been fabricating for the past 50 years , I am of retiring age but still chose to work 4 days a week , I also gasweld aluminium ( not many of us left ) so I am sure I will be able to contribute in some small way.
Dell
Old man but still learning

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: New here but old
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 02:53:33 PM »
Dell welcome aboard.

No need to be a modder but being mad is essential  :clap:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 03:00:05 PM »
Welcome Dell, i just tinker and help the local farmers make stuff for the out of date tractors and stuff for my mates motor cycles...Ow! and my own.

Offline Dell

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 03:03:08 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes
I am old and mad so hopefully that’s okay as well
Dell
How do I add my Avatar?

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 03:47:50 PM »
I also gasweld aluminium ( not many of us left ) so I am sure I will be able to contribute in some small way.
Dell

Nice what goggles do you use for that the last time I saw something about it they were talking cobalt I belive.

Offline Dell

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 04:26:49 PM »
I had real trouble finding new replacement Google’s not long ago as my old ones were about 40 years old , I ended up finding a full face visor and cutting it to size but at least I have enough for two more, I think the cobalt  ones are blue and I didn’t want that as I am used to green , I most of went to about 20 welding suppliers and as soon as I say gas weld aluminium they give you blank looks.