Author Topic: My version of a Weeden engine  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Doc

• Old but still usefull (I hope) ?
    • My Youtube Channel
My version of a Weeden engine
« on: August 28, 2020, 10:44:48 AM »
Finished the engine part of a rebuild of a Weeden engine boiler set up. Engine seems to run ok now onto the boiler rebuild.

Offline SwarfnStuff

Re: My version of a Weeden engine
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 01:12:59 AM »
Congrats and thanks for posting,
       I am intrigued by the linkage (Push Rod?) as it seems to be flat with a 90deg twist at the crank pin. Not seen that before in anything I have built. Saying that I have not built more than 5 or 6 engines. Most of them from the Elmer Verberg collection on John-Tom's site,

http://john-tom.com/html/ElmersEngines.html

I get too involved in the build (mostly doing work arounds to cover my mistakes.) to do a build log.

Congrats again.
John B
Converting good metal into swarf sometimes ending up with something useful. ;-)

Offline mattinker

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 05:47:09 AM »
Doc,

Repairing the boiler would be about showing the techniques rather than specific boiler repair! By the way, there are quit a lot of "Mamod" steam engines about in the UK. John Mills, double boost, did some videos on repairing one recently!

Cheers, Matthew

Offline Doc

• Old but still usefull (I hope) ?
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 04:10:38 PM »
Yes it is techniques that I use in the repairs I did and am doing to Weeden steam engine boilers. I acquired a bunch of engines that wee thrown in a box and sold on Ebay some time back. I have been putting them back into running order an am coming to the end of parts.  I have 8 engines that were fixed with a few minor repairs but most parts were there. I am now just using left over parts example a boiler that needs some minor repairs and parts made. Anyway this last one that I am doing has an engine that I designed and modeled up and created drawings for and am now fixing a boiler for it.

Here is the latest video and yes I know some donot like watching videos but I do not do pictures on my build logs so it's up to you if you want to watch the whole thing you can skip around in them to but sorry videos are what I do.