Author Topic: Tangental tool holder.  (Read 4604 times)

Offline mattinker

Tangental tool holder.
« on: August 09, 2020, 04:29:29 PM »
I recently built two tangental tool holders. I built the right hand tool and then filmed building the left hand one for Emma's tool making competition. I didn't have enough time to show the tools in use in the 20 minutes for Emma's video so I made a short video showing the tool holders in use.

This is the video I made for Emma's tool making Competition.

Offline howsitwork?

Re: Tangental tool holder.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 04:54:43 AM »
great videos and construction ideas. Sadly I’m not as skilled at welding as you so the main part of mine is hacked ( definately hacked) out of one piece . But I do fancy making another and maybe practice my welding with recently acquired  larger MIG . I can do an excellent “birds nest “weld though 😳

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 11:00:06 PM »
Nice!

Offline mattinker

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 03:15:08 AM »
great videos and construction ideas. Sadly I’m not as skilled at welding as you so the main part of mine is hacked ( definately hacked) out of one piece . But I do fancy making another and maybe practice my welding with recently acquired  larger MIG . I can do an excellent “birds nest “weld though 😳

Howsit,

Thanks for the comment. I used 4mm (5/32") rods, the thicker the metal, the easier it is to arc weld. I know a lot of people don't like stick, but, it is really good (and easy!!) on thick metal. Mig nice and hot with the biggest wire you have!! The peening trick works well on mig too!

Cheers,  Matthew

Offline mattinker

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 03:16:08 AM »