Author Topic: PSIMAT pressure washer valve seals  (Read 2929 times)

Offline pycoed

PSIMAT pressure washer valve seals
« on: August 03, 2020, 03:32:41 PM »
 A good while back I was given a large pressure washer with a Brooke Crompton 2.2kw electric motor. All it needed to get it running was a "new" contactor. It was a proper job with a lance to match that had recoil about the same as a magnum 12! Mo markings on it but a PSIMAT  ???/70 pump with  bronze valve heads.

I loaned it to a mate about 5-6 years back & there it lay until earlier this year he told me he hadn't used it for a while & the valves were knackered - leaking everywhere. Remembering the quality motor & valve block I told him not to chuck it , but bring it back. Single phas e 2.2Kw motor & contactor is definitely worth keeping...

Anyway, having taken off the valve heads there are no seals remaining & matey couldn't remember what they looked like when he pulled them out :banghead:

Valves themselves (6 the same - one block shown in piccy) seem fine & pistons are in good shape too -there's a separate grease cup for each - seem to be stainless running in bronze.  Apparently PSIMAT are long gone, but does anyone know

1 What type of seals are fitted to these pumps (tried  O rings but not with success - perhaps diameter is critical?

2  A source for the correct seals. given that the pump ID is only visible as PSIMAT???/70

Offline Sea.dog

• Up Spirits!
Re: PSIMAT pressure washer valve seals
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 03:58:16 PM »
I would have thought an O-ring would be used. I assume each pocket has a valve in it like the one you show? There are newer style seals called X-rings or Quad-rings which might work better, if you can source some of the right size.

Offline pycoed

Re: PSIMAT pressure washer valve seals
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 06:10:36 PM »
Yes - each pocket has a valve: the valves & their "cylinder heads" are identical. Obviously the inlets face into the cylinder block & the outlets face out to the high pressure head.  The pic is of the inlet head, but confusingly I just popped two valves into it the wrong way, to save losing them!( they hold in OK). That configuration is the same as the outlet head, except with a pressure connection.
 I must admit it looks like an O ring setup but perhaps, as you suggest ,it just needs better O rings than I have at hand...