Author Topic: Covid-19 - Appeal for help with 3D printing.  (Read 3054 times)

Offline nrml

Covid-19 - Appeal for help with 3D printing.
« on: April 06, 2020, 06:00:26 AM »
Hi folks. The critical care unit of the NHS hospital I work in is running very low on protective face shields. We are issued disposable ones, but despite washing and reusing them, the numbers are quickly dwindling. There isn't much hope of getting more any time soon as they are all being sent to Excel London to get the new hospital running.

I know that there are a lot of UK members here who own 3D printers. Is there any possibility of members chipping in and helping us out by printing some headbands for face shields for us? I and all my colleagues would be ever so grateful.

Something like this would be ideal:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4256596

If someone has an alternative design / manufacturing process that would work better for quick production, please share. The only essential criteria is that it should be capable of being wiped down and reused and it should be comfortable enough to wear continuously for 3-4 hours.

Offline efrench

Offline nrml

Re: Covid-19 - Appeal for help with 3D printing.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 02:27:42 PM »
Thanks for that. Much appreciated. The local schools around us have stepped in to help and they are printing out some face shields for us. Hopefully, we should be good in a couple of days.

Offline efrench

Re: Covid-19 - Appeal for help with 3D printing.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 02:41:03 AM »
This device may also be of interest: