Author Topic: ARC Eurotrade  (Read 4935 times)

Offline John Rudd

ARC Eurotrade
« on: March 29, 2020, 09:50:08 AM »
Due to Covid19, they are closing their doors for the duration. Effective 31/3/2020.

No mail order, web orders or personnel visits....

Hopefully re-opening after the All-Clear....
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline philf

Re: ARC Eurotrade
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 11:11:36 AM »
Due to Covid19, they are closing their doors for the duration. Effective 31/3/2020.

I also had the email this morning.

Hope my order placed last week arrives - otherwise I'll be trying to sharpen lots of small drills!

Any packets that arrive here are put in quarantine for a few days!
Phil Fern

Online awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 11:38:15 AM »
Swab them in neat Vodka and you'll be fine !
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Joules

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 11:41:20 AM »
Just don't suck the vodka off afterwards.   Grinding for a little longer between cooling will see off the virus and a bit of skin  :D

I got two orders into Arc last week, have enough tooling to restart after this all ends assuming myself and clients see it through.

A big thanks to Arc for carrying on as long as they did.   Very best regards to you and your families.
Honour your mentors, and pay it forward.

Offline Will_D

• National Homebrew Club of Ireland
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 06:22:16 PM »
Seriously:

40% Vodka will not do the job - just drink it with a mixer of choice!

Much more effective is a wipe down (or spray) with Fairy liquid (or other detergent) diluted about 50/50.
Or wash hands as suggested.

Ethanol based hand sanitisers need to be based on 80% pure (or above), just add add some glycerine and hydrogen peroxide (3%) (to moisturise the skin, and act as an anti bacterial), and not only do you have a hand sanitiser but also a cocktail base,: Just add Tonic or Tomato juice in the desired ratios to achieve the cocktail of choice.

Engineer and Chemist to the NHC.ie
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 08:06:05 PM »
Put them through the dishwasher

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 02:52:34 AM »
Some time ago I bought a several gallons of 99.9 IPA (not beer... more fool me!), anything I'm worried about gets a wash in that. Strangely, that didn't go down as well as I expected with the wife....  :scratch: :lol:
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline philf

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 09:10:05 AM »
ArcEuro drills arrived this morning. All suitably cleaned and put away. The catalogue they sent has had the covers wiped and is now in quarantine for a day or two.

Whilst I was putting the drills into suitable labelled containers I discovered I have at least fifty 2.2 mm drills. Why I don't know.

Also some carbide PCB drills from China arrived. How can they manufacture, package and ship something for less than what it costs to post a card to relatives in Canada?

Again all suitably cleaned.

Phil Fern

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 01:10:45 PM »
How can they manufacture, package and ship something for less than what it costs to post a card to relatives in Canada?

Actually, that's pretty easy to answer:

1) Wages are terrible over there, land/factory rental is cheap, so is electricity etc. So the manufacturing cost is low.
2) There's some kind of international agreement between postal services; I can't remember quite how it all works, but effectively every package Royal Mail deliver from China, is done by them (RM) for free. So the cheap postage is the result of (essentially) China abusing this international agreement.

This, I think, is why there's such a huge difference in postage costs between the internal Chinese services (EMS or ChinaPost) and the couriers such as TNT, UPS etc. for the same item. The downside is you have to wait longer, and it hurts Royal Mail.
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...