The Craftmans Shop > General Crafts

Keeping busy when confined to the home by Covid virus.

<< < (3/4) > >>

RotarySMP:
I'm teleworking during the week, but trying to up the work rate on the 7x12 mini-lathe, and assist other with entertainment with the associated videos.

Video editing is a bottomless pit for excessive free time.

Deko:
Well it looks like some of you are keeping busy. Hi Bluechip, did you know that Bogs has had half a lung removed and has sold the contents of his workshop ??. Philf, I recon the way things are going, you will have that loco finished before we get back to some kind of normality. Brass Machine, Bluechip has the right link. Just as a point of interest, do you still keep in touch with Divided he ed ???

Cheers Dek.

philf:

--- Quote from: Deko on March 24, 2020, 06:48:42 PM ---Well it looks like some of you are keeping busy. Hi Bluechip, did you know that Bogs has had half a lung removed and has sold the contents of his workshop ??. Philf, I recon the way things are going, you will have that loco finished before we get back to some kind of normality. Brass Machine, Bluechip has the right link. Just as a point of interest, do you still keep in touch with Divided he ed ???

Cheers Dek.

--- End quote ---

Hi Dek,

How are you keeping? It's a few years since I came to see your magnificent fibre optic clock.

I doubt my loco will be finished anytime soon. If it had been a Tich or something similar it would have been a lot easier. There are a heck of a lot of parts to make. The frames are 1/2" x 1/4" 360+mm long. I finished one yesterday (nearly 100 holes to drill and plenty to tap (down to 10BA). I started on the 2nd only to get my mental arithmetic wrong and machined it 1mm short! I was going to drive over to Macclesfield to pick up another piece but with last night's announcements I guess Macc Models would be closed to counter customers. So this morning I looked at the drawings to see where I could splice a piece in. It won't be visible when it's all assembled. All the holes are drilled now - just the tapping to do tomorrow.

Each frame has about 25 parts:

The parts are assembled with rivets and JB Weld. My mate (who is also making one and has done all the CAD modelling) has made a jig to line everything up whilst whilst the adhesive sets. So whilst we're social distancing this will have to wait.

My aim at the moment is to average 1 part per day. Some I can rattle off, others like the cylinders will take a few days out of solid bronze.

Cheers.

Phil.

paulc1:
Thankfully for me This D10 castings kit arrived just in time for lockdown and should help to keep me busy for a little while.
stay safe everyone!

[Stuart D10 castings kit by , on Flickr][/img]

Brass_Machine:

--- Quote from: Deko on March 24, 2020, 06:48:42 PM ---...
Brass Machine, Bluechip has the right link. Just as a point of interest, do you still keep in touch with Divided he ed ???

Cheers Dek.

--- End quote ---

Hi Dek,

I do. I know he isn't that active here much anymore, but I do talk to him quite a bit.

Eric

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version