The Shop > Our Shop

Diesel Workshop Heater 1st Year Service.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Joules:
Thanks, interesting links.  I would love to switch to heating oil, however for the quantities I need it just isn’t available at a reasonable price.  I get through 150 litres a year, will have to see how the price of a barrel compares to the red diesel we have been using.

Interesting point that they claim the mesh is coated with a catalyst.

kayzed1:
Just a note on spares for the Chinese heaters, i get my stuff from the Banggood site. I am currently awaiting over Temp sensor about £4.50 each so ordered two plus two glow plugs, brand new unit bought in November but never worked...no chance of a replacement from them as they are giving me the run around. So easy to buy the parts and fix it. This is a mates heater, mine has run with out fault for two winters so far.

Joules:
To summarise the first year service, pretty much a tooth brush is all you need.   Clean out the combustion chamber and heat exchanger, examine the outer casing for any signs of leak/staining, fuel or exhaust .  Buy new gaskets if you aren't confident using high temperature silicon.  Now the excess fuel that soaked into the engine has burned off, very little smoke again at start.   I suppose in this case the smoke indicated that the soot was holding fuel vapour causing the smokey starts.

No regrets, and it's just in my nature to fiddle with things like the mesh.   No doubt next years service will have further meddling  :smart:

John Rudd:
I got one of these.....Not had it long, but works very well.

Joules:
Go on John, fit an afterburner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version