Author Topic: help needed - unable to post zip file  (Read 1447 times)

Offline picclock

help needed - unable to post zip file
« on: February 25, 2020, 08:27:51 AM »
Hi
Not sure what the problem is here. Want to upload a Zip file containing a change gear calculator renamed as a png file, and zip compressed. Quite useful for owners of wm250/280 or similar lathes, written by myself out of frustration and necessity.

Any help on the posting much appreciated, size only 1.7mB.

Best Regards

picclock
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 09:33:58 AM by picclock »
Engaged in the art of turning large pieces of useful material into ever smaller pieces of (s)crap. (Ferndown, Dorset)

Offline Joules

Re: help needed - unable to post zip file
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 08:37:15 AM »
Try making your post first, then come back and add the attachment after.  For example, see if it will attach to your post here, you can always delete it after.
Honour your mentors, and pay it forward.

Offline picclock

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 09:35:39 AM »
Hi Joules
Never knew such a simple thing could be so complicated. As you can see it works so I will post in the correct place.

Many Thanks

Best Regards

picclock
Engaged in the art of turning large pieces of useful material into ever smaller pieces of (s)crap. (Ferndown, Dorset)

Offline Joules

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 09:40:44 AM »
 :doh:

I discovered it after such an experience as yours.   Sometimes the website software seems have an off day regarding attachments, you may also experience it with a new post, it won't post unless you do it as text body and then add the pictures/attachments after, under modify.
Honour your mentors, and pay it forward.