The Shop > Software Tools

Win7 professional 32 bit clean install

<< < (2/3) > >>

Arnak:
Hi,

If the windows installation is genuine as you say it is, then contact Microsoft support and get them to check the licence key, they may be able to issue you with a new one. :bugeye:

Alternatively, there is a seller on Amazon where you can purchase a licence key for £25.

That will save your installation and avoid having to download and install all the updates. :(

Martin

awemawson:
Microsoft will just say 'no longer supported.

AdeV:
As your installations are licensed and legal - I'd suggest something I'd never normally recommend: Use a "dodgy" activator. Dazloader is probably the best. I've used it a few times when faffing about with virtual machines that need to be activated, the hardest part is getting Windows to not recognise it as a virus...

Arnak:
Hi,

I am not so sure that Microsoft will say no, longer supported when it comes to licence issues as you can still buy new W7 installations.

From the Microsoft website, "Windows 7 can still be installed and activated after end of support."

So believe that licence issues can still be resolved, give them a ring as it can't hurt and may solve your problem.

If not a google search on Windows 7 not genuine will find some workarounds that may be worth trying.

Martin

mattinker:
Andrew,

I am not very window savy, but, I have a Widows seven that is a legal copy, that is installed on my dual boot Windows Linux machine. This is a recent installation, last month, I was able to upgrade to the most recent service pack, automatically, despite having received the Microsoft no longer supported message! I didn't need need to enter the registration code! I hope this is helpful, I know you know Windows 7 far better than Ido!

Cheers Matthew.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version