The Shop > Software Tools

Win7 professional 32 bit clean install

<< < (3/3)

awemawson:
Having just performed a back up I tried booting from my genuine Microsoft Win7 pro distribution disk, and the bally CD player won't read it  :bang:

I could read it fine on my Win10 machine  :med:

So I dug out my USB / CD drive and ran set up from that. It went into the 'checking compatibility' mode trotting off checking installed software compatibility, rejected one or two, then downright refused to do anything else as the installed version was more recent than the CD - argh !

You know, I might just put up with the rude message and lack of screen background. I suppose I could trash the system files then do it again but this is getting a right pain!

kayzed1:
Did you try running as a repair..F8 whilst it boots from disc then run repair..worked on for me.

kayzed1:
I found the other day when i was doing a Win7 machine to play with...all went as it should until i got to the register this copy of Windoz ( tis real BTW ) nogo it told me my copy of windows was a fake...or go to the phone and register...Phone number no-longer works :doh: Ow! but look a pop-up asking me to go online with a number ( provided to me ) and buy Win10 download..... :hammer: :bang:

awemawson:
I've disabled updates on my Win 7 machines, and just cancel the irritating (and lying!) pop up that says that it's not genuine every time it appears!

You end up with a black background to your desk top but I'm not loading Win10 on these machines as they run legacy software that doesn't work with Win10.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version