The Shop > CNC

Ender 3 - General discussion

<< < (14/14)

Brass_Machine:
Well, digging myself down the modding hole with this printer, I found a couple of cools things.

The first one is this:

BLV Ender 3 Pro - Upgrade

Quote the guy himself:

--- Quote ---Hi, my name is Ben Levi and This is: "BLV Ender 3 Pro - upgrade" open-source project.
I am very excited to introduce to you my new Upgrade project designed for the Ender 3 Pro - 3D printer. The project's goal is to take your beloved Ender 3 Pro printer to the next level.
By using only aluminum parts, mgn12 linear rails, BMG dual drive extruder and more - you will gain maximum accuracy, efficiency, and high print quality.

--- End quote ---

He has designed a kit that looks like it can seriously upgrade the Ender 3 Pro... You can either make it all yourself or buy a pre-made kit.

I like the looks of it, but his kit isn't fully compatible with Ender 3. Apparently it has a different setup for the bed than the Pro. If I had the Pro, I would be all over this.

With a bit of more research, now I am curious, I found another company making linear rail upgrades for all 3 axes not matter the model of Ender 3.

Y Axis

X & Z Axis

I also found some places that make the adapters etc... to do this yourself.

As I don't have enough time to do the things I want right now, I am thinking of just ordering the kits from 3DFused.

Eric

russ57:
I've just installed an ender 5 plus.

Only used it  a few times so far, but I am really happy with the prints.

I understand the next thing I need to do is find and print a set of enhancements, then start the upgrade cycle....

I opted for the larger version as the second thing I designed would only just fit my sons ender 3 even after I cut it in half...

-russ

AdeV:

--- Quote from: Will_D on February 10, 2020, 06:51:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: AdeV on February 02, 2020, 07:26:39 AM ---I'd like to be able to pre-heat the extruder, change filament, THEN start printing....

--- End quote ---

Just rename this file back to .gcode, stick it on a stick, stick in the stick etc

HTH

Will

--- End quote ---

Cool, thanks Will! Only took me 7 months to notice you'd replied....!  :Doh:

I dug the printer out a few weeks ago, it having sat idle for a few months.... didn't realise that the filament between the extruder and the spool had gone rock hard. Tried a print & got nothing.... figured the extruder wasn't working right, tried to push the filament through and SNAP! OK, no problem, got it all retracted & only then discovered that the original plastic filament drive head had snapped, so it wasn't putting any pressure on the filament. Gah!

Ended up replacing it with one of those all-aluminium replacements, which worked perfectly. At the same time I bought a BL-Touch auto-bed-levelling system; but I haven't used it yet, as it seems to need a Windows PC to complete the firmware upgrade, and I don't have one of those at home. Might have a couple of free hours on Sunday to take a look at it, if I can burn the new firmware from Linux, then I'll do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version