The Shop > CNC

Ender 3 - General discussion

<< < (4/14) > >>

Will_D:
Two very large lessons learned today:

1: How to change a nozzle.
1a:    Heat to 210C or so and remove filament. Remove nozzle carefully coz its bloody hot! Don't ask how I know!
1b:    Allow extruder to cool to about 40C so you can fit new nozzle without burning fingers, finger tighten.
1c:    Heat back up to 210C or so and tighten nozzle.
1d:    Manually extrude some filament.
1e:    Re-level the bed.

2: How to really F**K up the above:
2c:  Forget to do this
2d:  Run a print: May or not work.
2c:  After a grotty print rememember to do step 1c but fiorget step 1e.
2d:  Run a print with the nozzle WAY too high!

3: Turn the Eff'ing thing off, hope that in the morning you can undo all the damage done (as in not doing step 1C has extruded pla all over the hot end and the nozzle (via the slack threads).

4:  Pour large stiff relaxer from Ireland or Scotland or even France and watch TV!

HTH

Will

PS: Damage reports in morning

PekkaNF:
Will, I had pretty close same experience with a flexible filament (NinjaTek Cheetah). I noticed it in after maybe 10 seconds, but to clean up that TPU was nearly inpossible. I ordered set of replacement nozzles.

What build plates do you use for PETG and how? I got new magnetic standard plate and for time being I am going to use it only for PET. I gues glass is not the answer.

Pekka

PekkaNF:
Got new metallic extruder to replace the stock plastic one.

It is original item, but it had one extra insert nut that does not show anywhere and really can't figure use, unless it is undocumented arbor inside the spring to hold it in place (in addittion of the screw).

I am not sure if it is improvement, possibly just just ore bling. Suposedly the original tension arm wears where the filament runs, but the eriginal arm I had has an brass insert, which probably is just fine. I have noticed that very many problems are being gradually adressed and often uppgrades address the problen tha does not excist.

I was hoping that this uppgrade would have adressed the enty point problem of the filament, now it runs pretty close to Z-axis trapezoidal screw. Luckily there are mods too.

Will_D:
Well glad to say I cleaned up the mess fromm the loose nozzle.

Tried some more prints and couldn't even get the brim to look right.

So 2 more lessons learned today:

1. After about 24 hours or so re-adjust the belt tensions in X and Y!  The belt is "bedding in" and so will stretch a bit at first

2. Do NOT do this when the machine is running as any pressure on the x axis will loose any levelling (and will even knock the plate of the bed.

Will_D:
Now we come to the WTF?!? question:

Ran an overnight print after checking the usual things like good brim and bottom layer adhesion. After about 5 mm all looking good so - off to bed.

Came down to this mess:

Looks like the Y axis skipped about 5 mm at a layer change!

How on earth would this happen??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version