The Shop > CNC

Ender 3 - General discussion

<< < (3/14) > >>

Brass_Machine:
I have a couple of prints now on the PEI. Once I got the initial build layer dialed in, it works pretty good. No tape. No hairspray. Seems to hold tighter than the treated glass plate.

Eric

PekkaNF:
I have Ender3 Pro, which has magnetic print surface. It is excelent with PLA. Never had any problem with PLA adhesion on table and peels off really clean and easy.

But then I started printing with PETG and that stuck to it way too well. Prints were hard to remove and when print skirt, that was nearly impossible remove. I tried everything, starting mild and then ended up using the supplied sraper. That spoild the surface where I removed the PETG.

I ordered new magnetic surface.....shop indicated that it would be shipped from europe, but then I got chinese tracking number and I am wondering where it has dropped.

Looking for a possbiility to use original type magnetic plate for PLA AND something else for PETG.

My printer does not hold leveling that great. Bed temperature setting seems to have something to do with it, but it is hard to believe 20C difference in bed temperature is going to change level more than 0,1 mm. Well, these are not precision tools.

Brass_Machine:

--- Quote from: PekkaNF on January 17, 2020, 03:58:57 AM ---My printer does not hold leveling that great. Bed temperature setting seems to have something to do with it, but it is hard to believe 20C difference in bed temperature is going to change level more than 0,1 mm. Well, these are not precision tools.

--- End quote ---

Have you tried getting a set of stiffer bed leveling springs? Worked wonders on mine.

PekkaNF:
Thank you for the hint. I haven't changed anything. I'm trying to see if it is any good before investing time/money/thought to it. I have to have look on springs, I might have somewhere appropriate springs.

philf:
I'm not familiar with the Ender 3 - mine is a Balco Touch from Aldi. The sub table on mine was much more flexible than the print table so levelling was a big problem. I replaced the sub table with something much stiffer, made cups to locate the springs https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1374667 (I turned the feet using PEEK) and printed knurled setting wheels which had pockets to take NyLoc nuts. I don't have to level the bed very often now. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:874155

Phil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version