Author Topic: A 'Shout Out' for DNC4U software  (Read 3413 times)

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
A 'Shout Out' for DNC4U software
« on: July 22, 2020, 10:00:44 AM »
It's a pleasure in this day of 'cut and run' support to be able to praise a company for their support.

As some of you may be aware, about four months ago I was hamstrung by Microsoft when not only did they drop support for Windows 7  but issued a last 'update' that nobbled it. I had an 'un-updated' system that I quickly prevented downloading updates and started loading it with the various bits of legacy software that is the reason I need Win7 32 bit.

Tying my CNC machines together is DNC4U allowing loading, downloading, drip feeding etc, and I had a licenced copy - now this WILL run on later operating systems but that's no use if other things won't.

Email to Ian at DNC4U produced another licence code within the hour - now that's fast! The second system was painfully slow, so I still wanted to revert to it when I could expurgate the Microsoft nobbling bits, and with the help from someone on the MIG-Welding forum I managed that recently. SO . . reverse the operation and re-create the software on the original machine that had been totally wiped and all partitions deleted and recreated.

Today, another email to Ian got just the same outstanding fast response that got my new install (of actually a later version) running within the hour, and also tips how to transfer all the settings that detail the different interfaces for my machines.

BTW it's also good software!
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: A 'Shout Out' for DNC4U software
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 10:23:13 AM »
Very nice.

Also nice to read about good customer service...

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.