Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

Power scraper and flaker mecanism difference?

<< < (2/2)

PekkaNF:
Thank you very much. That gives me somethng to work on.

Pete.:
No problem. By the way I was wrong about my flaker - it IS variable speed 0-1600strokes/min but the stroke is a fixed length.

Pete.

PekkaNF:
Thank you. I have been toying with this idea a little since I got my 3D printer, that should allow be to check mechanism and timing without huge comitment.

I started looking for appropriate donor for a appropriate motor, possibly even slightly smaller that biax has, somewhere 200-400w and shaft output around 0-2000 rpm (probably 500-1500 would be great) also original looking form factor would be nice....it does not look trivial. Many of the power tools have bulkier and higher reving motor (like angle grinders) or are way too bulky (like polishing machines, with added angle drive, or when form factor and wattage is right, speed is off the wall (like most of the grinders/sanders). 3-phase induction motor or servomotor starts to look attractive, but would need an commitment. Some hand held power drills seem to have about right size and speed, but the chassis would then be fabricated including the gearbox housing....I think the wobble drive and it's housing should be enough work.

Lazy hunt for the motor is on and in meantime I'll check what could be checked before buying a motor (and prepare for motor output shaft rotation direction).

Pekka

Sea.dog:
I'd love to know what an "Optical Pleasuring Surface" is  :scratch:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version