The Shop > Software Tools

I Hate Microsoft !!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

hermetic:
The sole purpose of windows 10 is to make all your old hardware obsolete and unusable so you have to go out and buy it all again, similar things are happening in many other areas of retail business. The rabbit hole is very deep.
Phil

chipenter:
My windows 10 PC died put the hard drive into an external caddy , My Documents were not accusable by my replacement , all my g-code files are on there , Microshit advised me to replace the hard drive in the new on , but it is all sata no ide  :doh:.

hermetic:
you can get sata to ide adapters, and you will probably be able to access the data on the drive, even though the windows install on the drive is corrupt

efrench:
I like Windows 10   :ddb:  It's fast and reliable as well as runs the latest versions of programs.  Windows 7 works well for software that was designed for it.  I wouldn't expect the latest versions of programs to work.  It's great if they do, but one shouldn't complain if they don't.

Kicad works well for me.  I've designed several 4 axis boards with it used to drive a rose engine.   

awemawson:
It’s the lack of backwards compatibility that is the issue for me. Why SHOULD Microsoft dictate when other programs and peripherals are obsolete?

If a particular scanner or printer works under a previous version of th O S then surely it’s not rocket science to have it work with the latest UNLESS you have ulterior motives.

BTW I’ve drawn the cct using   DesignSpark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version