Gallery, Projects and General > Member Videos

My week this week, my workshop videos!

<< < (2/54) > >>

hermetic:
Weldingrod! Yes totally agree, I butted the two pipe ends together, virtually no gap, but I now realise it would have been better to have put one slightly inside the other and welded the overlap! I'm learning!
 Thanks for commenting,
Phil

hermetic:
New stuff, firewood and a reluctant pump, its all in a weeks worth of work! Havent had much chance to film this week, so hope you like what I did get done!
Phil
East Yorkshire

Sea.dog:
Does the pump run with all three showers on at once?

hermetic:
Actually Seadog, I havent tried that! the problem, I am pretty sure, is that we have a very marginal head, as if you switch the shower over to the hand spray, and slowly lower the hand spray, the pump starts at about halfway between the shower head and the tray. BUT, on one of the showers, and one of the sinks (Not in the same ensuite, which we suspect is also fed by the pump), the hot water flow stops entirely after a few moments, but the pump does not start, so we think there is still an airlock somewhere, but I will know more when I go back monday. We can get the pump running, then turn on the taps and hopefully push the airlock out. This is not an old installation, or pump, but we doubt it has ever worked properly. Add to that the plumbing for the showers is in the loft, but the plumbing for the sinks is under the floor, then you begin to see what a mess this is, but we will get to the bottom of it. So far I have cleaned all the filters in the pump, checked the flow to the pump, which is 22mm pipe, and good, and topped up the air in the pressure vessel on the pump. it seems to be the plumbing beyond the pump which is restricting the flow sufficiently just enough to make the shower pump fail to switch on reliably. Thanks for the comments!
Phil
East Yorkshire

Sea.dog:
A friend had a similar problem (still has, I believe) with one of his shower pumps. A very convoluted pipe run and the pump sealed behind the bath panel  :doh:

The only conclusion we could reach was that there was an airlock in the system. In addition, he has poor flow to the basin taps in one bathroom. He's living with it all until he has to do something about it, but then he is a tight northerner  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version