Gallery, Projects and General > Member Videos

My week this week, my workshop videos!

<< < (40/54) > >>

hermetic:
A short week, but I have turned the corner and started on the rebuild! new bearing felts, making a new bull pin, and the slightly fiddly task of assembling it all by myself without damaging anything, or scratching the bearings! It actually turned out easier than I thought once I got it all fitted up on the bench, then on to the bed, a couple of hours, and a revelation later I got the cams adjusted, and it all went together a treat!
Phil, Back to summer in East Yorkshire!

hermetic:
A good week with a lot of progress, the headstock bearings get adjuster correctly after some sage advice from the Holbrook Sage! Various broken bits get fixed, and various bodges are exposed! I remove the old pin from the back gear shaft, repair it and drill and fit a new one, I strip and clean the top slide and the cross slide, and eventually repair the missing pin from the topslide nut plus lots of other bits cleaned and fitted
Phil, A fair week and a Friday storm in East Yorkshire!

hermetic:
Another good week of fettling and eliminating some of the bad repairs and abuses this machine has suffered over the years. I spend much time degreasing the saddle to get the Belzona to stick, and hope I suceeded! I repair the broken Gear cover casting with MIG which is far from impossible, and sus out a scheme of repairing the rest!
Phil, in Cool and wet autumnal East Yorkshire.

hermetic:
A very trying week being Mr Pedantic and trying to get the gear cover repair EXACTLY right which tried my patience to the point where I took a midweek break and started work on building a waste oil burning insert for the wood stove! That will be continued, and I hope completed, next week. It is (or at least was) getting colder, and as I have about 75 litres of waste oil from the tractor rebuild and a regular source of expired chip oil, it would save a lot of woodcutting. I get back on the Holbrook on Friday, and it turns out really well! Sometimes it pays to take a break!
Phil, an indian summer in East Yorkshire

hermetic:
To continue from last weeks blurb, sometimes being pedantic pays off! I get the shaper and the mill fully back into commission, make a new vice jaw to replace the missing one on the shaper vice mill the weld off the new section for the gear cover, it falls apart and I settle on a new strategy fot order of assembly! With milling and shaping, tidying up and 3 foot long dreadlocks, its all in my week this week!
Phil,  In exceedingly wet East Yorkshire

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version