Author Topic: well hello ....  (Read 3489 times)

Offline V8DRUID

well hello ....
« on: March 02, 2020, 03:58:21 PM »
greetings from Druid Central, South Wales  :beer:

ran my own eng./steel fab./crane hire/machinery movement biz for 35 years ... 'til my body let me down and had to retire prematurely, with an inherited and very rare disease called Gaucher's, that I never knew I had .... until it put me in hospital for a couple of weeks, wondering if I was coming back out . :bugeye:

that was ten years ago and having taken some time to recover, still 'dabble' as and how i can ... once a fabricator - always a fabricator ... but miss my 10,000 sq ft workshop and all its facilities  :palm:

live in a small barn conversion in the sticks with a couple of acres and have been leveling a large banked area of ground, to erect a workshop/boy's toys shed on, for quite some time, as the weather and my body permit. Plus all the other various projects that SWMBO can dream up and all my own tinkerings/projects along the way  :)

now have most of it leveled off & surfaced and it's shed time soon (hopefully this year), but just had a health set back,  :(  when a routine 6 monthly  scan put me back in hospital for a week, with pancreatitis, which is going to take a while to get over - aside from my other  'routine' Gaucher's issues for which I have a weekly treatment for by infusion, which my 'partner in crime' has been trained to administer and all the other bits an' bobs that goes with the territory.

can see a few names on here that are familiar from other forums and some very interesting and clever folks too ... hope I can contribute summat to 'the story'.  :thumbup:

Gra

Offline krv3000

Re: well hello ....
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 05:48:54 PM »
hi and welcome

Offline hermetic

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 01:14:49 PM »
Hi and Welcome sir! I used to knock around South Wales for a week at a time at the Green Man Fetival just outside Crickhowell, and my favourite excursion was to the flea market on Wenesday in Abergavenny! theres a few fine engineering stalls there!
Phil
East Yorkshire
videos?
Man who says it cannot be done should not disturb man doing it! https://www.youtube.com/user/philhermetic/videos?

Offline Will_D

• National Homebrew Club of Ireland
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 06:54:57 PM »
Hi Phil,

I am from Abergavenny, grew up in Llanfoist, Dad was the grocer in Aber: William Davis & sons, #7 Cross Street

Will Davis
Malahide.ie
Engineer and Chemist to the NHC.ie
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/