Author Topic: Mitutoyo code E-05  (Read 500 times)

Offline Dell

Mitutoyo code E-05
« on: October 04, 2020, 04:02:38 AM »
Hi all hope everyone staying safe
I have a mitutoyo 293-601 with error code E-05 anyone know what this is , I have googled it some say just needs reset some say internal problem , just wondering if anyone on here has any information.
Thanks in advance Dell

Offline BillTodd

• Colchester Essex (where the lathes were made)
Re: Mitutoyo code E-05
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 06:03:42 AM »
Guessing the part is either a mic or caliper (do you really expect people to recognise the part number?)  , Then typical fauls are  water/coolant  ingresor, fine  metal particles  getting between capacitive sensors. Calipers can get scratches on the underside of the pcb - if any copper is visible you may have to paint with a thin layer of varnish

Remove battery, strip apart so you can clean it out.  Use a plastic save solvent like iso propanol to wash out any obvious contamination.

Calibration is not normally effected.

Bill

Offline Dell

Re: Mitutoyo code E-05
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 10:31:12 AM »
Sorry Bill
I am an old man that forgets things ( thatís my excuse and Iím sticking to it ) it is a digital micrometer, I found a video on YouTube did what he suggested and seems to be working fine now , he suggested it could have been dropped but I hadnít dropped or banged it .
His solution was take it apart loosen the two screws one on anvil end and one on other end and if you hear a click then that was the problem and I had the click, put it back together and only time will tell.
Thanks Dell