Gallery, Projects and General > Neat Stuff

Lancaster starting

<< < (2/2)

tom osselton:

--- Quote from: Will_D on July 03, 2019, 11:35:37 AM ---I am trying to upload a 6mB zip file of lancaster drawings. It errors with the fact that it may be too big or the wrong type.

I thought the limit was 10mB?

--- End quote ---

That would be great! Right now they are restoring a Mosquito in Nanton and apparently a Hurricane in  Calgary so if anyone knows of any parts kicking around! One day I’ll go and see how they are coming along with a Avro Arrow build at the smaller airport south of here.

kayzed1:
I think i still have a Rev counter from a Spit some place knocking around...maybe. will check over the weekend.
Lyn.

Steamer5:
Hi Tom,
I was at Nanton on 23rd August, at 10 at night they fired her up, no lights on, the pilot  went thru the startup procedure for the 1st engine broadcast over the speakers, one engine at a time, with all 4 running the lights came on!
It was a fantastic night! They ran her for 15 minutes, shutting the engines down one at a time.it was the 75th anniversary of the crash of the Lancaster in France flow by of the only Alberta pilot to receive the VC, Squadron Leader Ian Willoughby Bazalgette,
My dad had come with us, he’s 92, so it was a special night for him, & something my son, wife & I won’t forget. I have 15 minutes of video & just love the sound.
The Bomber Command memorial wall is very sobering!
Nice to here that they are going to work on more aircraft.....another excuse to visit again, when we come over to visit our son.

Cheers Kerrin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version