Gallery, Projects and General > Neat Stuff

Lancaster starting

(1/2) > >>

tom osselton:
Here’s a Lancaster firing up it’s Merlin’s at the Nanton Air Museum in Alberta.

Will_D:
Awesome video Tom, its great to an see old bird cleaning her lungs.

I was lucky enough to work at AVRO, Chadderton in Manchester [73-78] where the Lancaster was designed and built.

I have some of the original dyeline prints of the bouncing bomb version [your bird] and also the 10 ton Tirpitz bomb carrier.

Every summer there was an air display and the Battle of Britain flight would always land a few days early and I had to find an excuse to go to Woodford (in S Manchester as they had a runway) to have a good look at the planes.

AdeV:
There's something about the resonances of those 4 glorious V12s that, when at full chat, makes such an amazing awe inspiring sound, it gives me goosebumps down my spine whenever I hear it. And if you're lucky enough to see a few multi-Merlin-engined planes at the same time in the same place, it just gets even better. It must have been a noise to strike terror into the Germans back in WW2.

Thanks for linking the video  :thumbup:

Will_D:
I am trying to upload a 6mB zip file of lancaster drawings. It errors with the fact that it may be too big or the wrong type.

I thought the limit was 10mB?

AdeV:

--- Quote from: Will_D on July 03, 2019, 11:35:37 AM ---I am trying to upload a 6mB zip file of lancaster drawings. It errors with the fact that it may be too big or the wrong type.

I thought the limit was 10mB?

--- End quote ---

SimpleMachines Forum (the software used here) does seem to have some weird issues with attachments...

If you like, I'd be happy to host it (free & forever) with a link for people to download.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version