Author Topic: Fusion 360 problems  (Read 4767 times)

Offline Will_D

• National Homebrew Club of Ireland
Fusion 360 problems
« on: July 02, 2019, 11:25:55 AM »
Not used F360 for some time. Start it up and its waits a bit, shows my home screen and then crashes out.

Solution is to do a clean uninstall with their uninstalleer and then re-instal.

Ok clean uninstaller works fine - F360 gone.

Then try to reinstal - wjat a nightmare.

Follow the steps to log into my Autodesk account, Ok, then it says

"STEP 3: Download and install Fusion 360
You already have an existing Fusion 360 license. Access Fusion 360 in your Autodesk Account"

Trouble is there is no link under this!!

Anyone else suffered this? Autodesk/F360 is really peeing me off

What to use instead??

Cheers

Will
Engineer and Chemist to the NHC.ie
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/

Online ddmckee54

Re: Fusion 360 problems
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 01:31:07 PM »
As an alternative to Fusion 360, and in the same price range - free, I've been using DesignSpark 3D for quite a while now.  It's not as powerful as 360, and for that reason I've been threatening to devote the time to learning 360.

DesignSpark is a decent package, it's a stripped down version of Space Claim I believe.  You can do a lot with it, if you can build your shape out of a composite of triangles, circles and rectangles.  I even managed to draw and 3D print Imperial 1/2-13 threads, with a CAD package that likes to think in mm.  The parts for my Colt 1908 rubber band guns were designed using DesignSpark.

Don
Too many irons, not enough fire.

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 02:09:53 PM »
I’d fire them off a e-mail that would take care of it!

Offline chipenter

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 02:37:08 PM »
I have you must have missed the renew date as did I , get a new email address and reregister , you can use the same name but a different password .
Jeff

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 03:56:33 PM »
I've not used my copy for a month or so, but it fired up just fine this evening.

I'm printing out a 'Spindle Puck' for the Beaver lathe. Native spindle bore is 65 mm and with a metre of 25 mm or 1" stock only supported for 50 mm by the soft jaws the potential for 'whip' is rather great. So imagine a doughnut, 65 o/d 26 mm i/d, but with two 36.5 mm recess's to take a bit of plastic pipe  as a spacer, so three 'pucks' and two 'pipes' down the bore. Each puck has a 4 mm semi-circular groove round it to take an 'O' ring to give a bit of friction to stop rattles.

First one won't be done until after my bed time so have to wait until tomorrow to see if it's come out ok !
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline efrench

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 02:01:36 AM »
This forum would probably get you to a solution faster.

Offline Country Bubba

• LaGrange, GA USA
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 09:04:18 AM »
I went through the same thing a few months ago and had a heck of a time finding the way to download the installer again.  Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly where I found it, but just kept poking around and the various links until I found it. Its frustrating, but persist and you will find (stumble on) it like I did.

Good luck.
Art
Country Bubba

Offline Karnage

• Tapatalk User
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 06:02:23 AM »
Go to: https://accounts.autodesk.com

login

then there is a link at the top next to your account name which says "Manage products and downloads" in there is a link to download and install F360 again.