Author Topic: Editing Threads To Eliminate Links To Photobucket?  (Read 6889 times)

Offline Pete W.

Editing Threads To Eliminate Links To Photobucket?
« on: June 24, 2019, 09:08:47 AM »
I've been getting regular emails from Photobucket claiming that my photos and linking exceed the free limit and demanding that I subscribe to a paid level of membership.

Not liking their tone, I logged on to Photobucket and deleted all my photos.  Even then, I still regularly receive such emails from them!  I haven't yet attempted to edit my posts on Mad Modders so maybe it is the links to which they are still objecting?  Another thought was that maybe these emails aren't from Photobucket at all but from a scammer?  I'll look at the source address on the next one.

I don't like my posts having non-working links - is it still possible to edit those posts to replace the links with embedded photos?  I remember that Steve edited all his.  I do still have all the photos, resized and with captions on my computer.  It would be a slow job, though!!!  I'd be happy to make a donation to the Tip Jar towards the extra server space.   
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Editing Threads To Eliminate Links To Photobucket?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 01:04:40 PM »
I put Photobucket on my spam list months ago so their emails go down the drain where they belong  :clap:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Joules

Re: Editing Threads To Eliminate Links To Photobucket?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 07:55:22 AM »
Sadly, I see photophuket has now defocused my old images, as well as the intrusive banner they put on some time back.   I guess it’s only a matter of time till they expire completely.

:palm:
Honour your mentors, and pay it forward.