Rotational speed (rpm) 1 450

- 330 l/m
- Technology: Piston 10 bar
- Noise level: Standard
- Vessel size: 50 l
- Weight: 60 kg
- 800 X 380 X 680 mm

Small and hopefully not too noisy.

Maybe I'll start stripping off the old italian small compressor and fitting a small "silent" compressors

chipenter:
I had a large propane tank tee in to my compressor gave me a lot more reserve , I intend to run lots of pipes in my shed as a reservoir , it's surprising how much air is in pipes .

awemawson:
My air is distributed between several building underground using 25 mm blue MDPE water pipe, and also round the inside of those five buildings as a main with drops to the service points. There is far more storage in the pipework than in the tank !

PekkaNF:
Thank you, the compressed air pipe work is something I don't have any design or installation experience. I only have used some. Old times they used to be metal and listed down to far end to collect condensate into a watter trap at the the end of the line. branching to use point was T at the top of the trunk line and swan neck pipe down - not to draw condensate I believe. And that is all I know.

I am considering first only one side of the garage. I don't know which pipe system to use, but plastic pipe sounds good.

I have anecdotally read about using the water pipe hardware. I am sure Andrew has done homework, therefore I this is something I need to have a look firs. I think there was a thread somewhere, when screw compressor arrived or something. Search will reveal.

However, this plastic pipe choice. That pipe looks and sounds similar that is used here. I only need probably less than 10 metres of trunk and some maybe 4-5 outlets.

I googled with exact words and firs hit was this:
https://www.plasticdrainage.co.uk/mdpe-water-supply

"It should not be used for the conveyance of gases, oil, petrol, diesel or compressed air. The system is suitable for use with cold water (maximum temperature 20C) with a working pressure of up to 12.5 bar."

Probably denial for compressed air use is due to fear of higher operating temperature and oil fog in the compressed air? Maybe the fittings might be compromised or simply it is not considered as intended use for numerous of legal, commercial or aproval grounds.

How much this is a factor in real use?

I am getting a little wary with plastics incompability, latest observation are the fluerecent roof lights installed 10 years ago...the transparent covers are becoming too brittle to handle. And yes, there has been UV, very small and ocassional use of glues and resins that might emit solvents and least one can of paint has pretty much all solvents leaked out.

Pekka

awemawson:
Do not use plastic drain pipe. It's usually a hard plastic and relatively thin wall.

The pipe that I'm using is 25 mm MDPE usually used as the incoming water service pipe in houses in the UK. It is service rated at 10 BAR or about 150 psi . I distribute at 100 psi and all my  air goes through a desiccant silica gel drier of my own construction (described on this forum) which has completely eliminated moisture problems.

I have been using MDPE water pipe for over twenty years and have had no problems with deterioration..I have in all that time only had one problem. I had a Tee joint one branch of which wasn't used and was blanked with a blanking plug in a slightly harder plastic. It blew off once when I was experimenting increasing the compressor pressure and I concluded that the retaining gripper hadn't bitten into the plug enough as it was harder than pipe, and that I hadn't tightened it fully. The same joint and blanking plug have now been in service after refitting for several years with no problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version