The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

Boxford back from the dead

<< < (23/23)

John Rudd:
Ade,
I find screwfix's own brand degreaser....its water soluble too, doesnt smell and is cheap....( probably cheaper tha mM stuff..)

AdeV:

--- Quote from: John Rudd on September 10, 2019, 02:50:53 PM ---I find screwfix's own brand degreaser....its water soluble too, doesnt smell and is cheap....( probably cheaper tha mM stuff..)

--- End quote ---

Good call John, thanks for pointing me that way. It gets great reviews, and works out either 10% or 30% cheaper than the stuff I was going to buy (not sure if my price was ex-VAT or inclusive...), so I'll be getting some of that at the weekend for sure!

Edit to add: For some reason, I can't press the Like button. Be assured, I do like your post!

trim:
I know I'm posting on an old thread, but this time it seems appropriate.

I have a model A, serial number 1507, so 1949.  Like your Model C, it also has a 4 v-belt pulley.   It still has its tumbler gear bolt, no cam on the tail stock and foot casting including the switch.  Everything looks original and as with yours, it would need to have had it's plates changed to show the 16speed layout.   This doesn't seem very likely.

So the fact yours and mine seem identical in terms of age and correct features - makes me question the accepted serial number of 1791 for the change over from flat to V. 

I hope you finished saving your Model C.

howsitwork?:
Well Ade

hope you are still fit and well.

I’ve been off site for a while as there’s a bit of a pandemic on and work was a bit hectic!!

Hope things are still progressing . I’m tempted to get back on my AUD his week as on holiday and I need some relaxation. Still bonfire night fish n chips at club tonight  so things are improving

stay safe one and all

Ian

Muzzerboy:

--- Quote from: hermetic on July 03, 2019, 01:37:48 PM ---My Tig is an old Interlass ac/dc from the early 80's, so no foot pedal either. :lol:

--- End quote ---

Not a Miller / Interlas 320BP or 330BP by any chance? That's what I've got, although I managed to make a foot pedal for mine, which is a massive help. Bloody great wirewound rheostat - low tech but easy to build.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version