The Shop > Our Shop

Making a Silicone Soldering Brush

<< < (2/2)

Jim Dobson:

--- Quote from: Muzzerboy on June 01, 2019, 10:53:35 AM ---Nice idea! For bigger work, you can buy silicone rubber brushes in kitchen and BBQ shops. Never thought of using them for soldering.

--- End quote ---

I've tried cooks brushes before but the bristles for soldering (at least for me) were either too long or too thick. Though they are what I use for spreading wood glue around whilst woodworking (brilliant for this).

Over the years for solder I've used as I mentioned in the video countless small artists brushes that I have ruined, hessian sack, wet rags and stainless steel brushes, but nothing has ever worked as easy as these DIY silicone brushes.

I haven't tried them out for silver brazing/soldering yet, I'm thinking that the silicone wouldn't be able to stand brazing temps?

Jim Dobson:

--- Quote from: timby on June 01, 2019, 12:29:31 PM ---I wonder would these work?

I don't think they are brushes strictly speaking.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-Silicone-Rubber-Tool-Shapers-Polymer-Clay-Sculpting-Fimo-Modelling-Brushes/283420503604?epid=17003838258&hash=item41fd2dae34:g:-DsAAOSw32lcjk-8

--- End quote ---

I think they would be good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version