The Shop > CNC

So I bought a 3D printer....

(1/4) > >>

Brass_Machine:
I ended up buying a 3D printer for my B-day this year. I have been looking at the prices of the Creality Ender 3 for awhile and took the bait. I ended up ordering the model with the glass plate bed and a few mods for it as well.

Assembly was pretty easy. Running the test prints included with the printer came out nice.

So, now I am playing around with slicers trying to figure out which seems to be the best to use. On the free side, there is Cura and Slic3R PE that a bunch of people like. Been hearing a lot about Simplify3D, but @ $150 us... is it worth it?

Eric

awemawson:
Eric you know the rules -

:worthless:

:clap:

shipto:
Welcome to the club  :clap: Even though I have a printer I had not used it for anything interesting until my daughter asked me about doing some figures from a game she plays. For everything I had been doing I used ultimaker cura and had no issues apart from having to fill in the damn form every time it updated (although this time round there was a option for not giving any data, not sure if it was always there and I missed it or not).
Cura however had real problems with the model files and would leave big gaps in the print so I searched for something else and decided to try slic3r which handled the model files much better.
So while I use cura for most things it ?DID? have bugs which required having alternatives. However I was told about simplify3D by a mate and decided that I could not justify spending that kind of money when I have managed with free slicers for everything I have tried.
Not much help I know.

Brass_Machine:

--- Quote from: awemawson on April 28, 2019, 04:28:23 PM ---Eric you know the rules -

:worthless:

:clap:

--- End quote ---

Of course...  :beer:

Brass_Machine:

--- Quote from: shipto on April 28, 2019, 04:35:34 PM ---.... until my daughter asked me about doing some figures from a game she plays.

--- End quote ---

Yup. My son is just getting into Dungeon and Dragons. He is thrilled that I can now print miniatures.

What game does your daughter play?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version