Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

LED lamp. With PIR switching......

<< < (2/2)

fcheslop:
Hi David, recently replaced some outside lights and had the same problem .Replaced the PIR and the problem was gone
Any decent wholesaler CEF City Elect should be able to sell you one for much cheapness and advise
Its a while since I played with the magic blue spark stuff and remember on the older PIR units they passed a wee bit of current when switched off just cannot remember the name of the dew dew thingy that does the switching thyrister??? or something like that
The good thing is I no longer need to remember :D
cheers   

Stilldrillin:
Thanks for your replies.

Frazer's reply set me thinking.

The PIR, was originally mounted on a 500w floodlight. Around 30+ years ago!  :palm:

Modern switches use 0.1w, when static. I guess, mine will use much more!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Outdoor-180-Degree-Security-PIR-Motion-Movement-Sensor-Detector-Switch-2-Colors/282483617390?hash=item41c555ee6e:m:m-5IVl69mGXbeofa68oamqg:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Time to risk a new switch, I think.....  :thumbup:

Stilldrillin:
Problem solved!  :thumbup:

I thought, I already had a spare PIR. High up, on the top of the workshop cupboard.....
 Unfortunately, I've recently had a new roof installed. The shop area is a complete and total TIP.
After a thorough search. I ordered one from ebay. £5.99. 

The following morning. It was on the front of the workbench, in plain view!! Obviously, put there overnight by the shop gnome.....  :bang:

According to the receipt, I paid £8.99 for it. In 2004......

I'm pleased to say. The 15yr old, new switch, is working perfectly......  :thumbup:

And..... I still have a spare......  :palm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version