Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

Truing diamond holder for TCG for surface grinding

(1/3) > >>

PekkaNF:
Need an idea how to true accurately grinding wheel on vintage TCG.

Immediate need is very simple holder that will be mounted on table T-slot or magnetic chuck.

Any pitfalls? Any advice?

Thank you,
Pekka

awemawson:
Mine seems identical to the photo below that I found on ebay, but the ebay one is a stupid price and in the USA. I seem to remember mine came from Cromwell but it was literally 25 years ago  :bugeye:

Simple enough to make

PekkaNF:
That looks simple enough. The thumb-screw it to turn the diamond and prevent one sided wear?

Pekka

awemawson:
Well it just holds the shank of the diamond - I suppose being a thumb screw makes rotation easier. Before I had that gizmo I just had a block of steel with a suitable hole drilled in it, with a locking grub screw - I think it's still floating about in my grinding cupboard even after all those years  :med:

Alphawolf45:
  I use a simple diamond holder.. Must also have angle/radius dresser in your kit.. And recently a friend gave me a small piece of hard black stick -Crystolum? It is handy for hand shaping a wheel...Couple weeks ago I was stunned to see my 85 year old tool and diemaker buddy pick up a piece of steel wider than the grinding wheel and touched it lightly to the spinning wheel for a bit of trueing before final finish passes.. Not certain what that was about but I will try it myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version