The Shop > Metal Stuff

Sinker EDM question

<< < (2/5) > >>

Alphawolf45:
 10 years ago I applied for a job at a big company.The job was for operating a cnc mill.....You know what kind of job that is-- basicly loading and unloading and loading and unloading parts into the machine.. Okay I had to take a test..I arrived several minutes after the test had begun.. I noticed that I was the only person in the room without a calculator. However I finished first...Test results showed that I had finished highest that was graded or considered...I didn't get the job as somebody with darker skin and a lower grade was give the position. Not that I care. Just interesting.

awemawson:
Somewhere on the forum is a thread where I was sinking a 1/2" square using a copper electrode and I seem to remember that Pete-W asked how fast it went - can't for the life of me find the thread but it's here somewhere  :med:

. . or it may have been the thread about making a big grub screw  :scratch:

As for arcing - that's bad. The electrolyte combined with the electronics should be totally preventing arcing. The discharge should happen in the last few microns of approach and the electronics cut off as soon as it happens

Oelheld have (or certainly had) a good downloadable EDM handbook on their site in the IONO-PLUS area.

John Swift:

"I didn't get the job as somebody with darker skin and a lower grade was give the position. Not that I care. Just interesting".

many bosses are second rate   but they know enough not to don't take on any one thats  too bright ,
threaten their position and take their job

John

Alphawolf45:
 You make no sesnec.

awemawson:
What John is saying (that makes perfect sense) is rather akin to the Industrialist who told his secretary to search throughout his empire to find the absolutely BEST person to take over from him - then FIRE him  :clap:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version