Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

PCB UV exposure box

<< < (6/7) > >>

AdeV:
It's my doorbell!

https://madmodder.net/index.php/topic,12284.msg146395.html#msg146395

I couldn't make the stripboard version small enough, whilst having the sideways pointing LEDs. Even now I've had to go for the 3mm versions... not yet sure my blue ones are bright enough, I may need a smaller resistor. I don't mind overdriving the blue one a bit, as it's only on as the bell is actually ringing.

I'm also not sure what effect having the computer bits outside the door (in the switch box) will do. They may fail due to environmental issues; but equally, I wasn't sure if the capacitive sensor would work at the end of a long run of cable. Worst case scenario, I'll compromise and have the switch/LEDs outside, a small box inside with the chip, and the long wire running back to the bell box.

I'll post a writeup on the doorbell once I've got the box sorted, unless I get a flood of PMs' saying "for god's sake nooo!"  :scratch:

philf:

--- Quote from: AdeV on January 17, 2019, 06:06:42 PM ---It's my doorbell!

--- End quote ---

I think I'm excused for forgetting - it was September 2017 you started on this project!

AdeV:

--- Quote from: philf on January 18, 2019, 09:00:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: AdeV on January 17, 2019, 06:06:42 PM ---It's my doorbell!

--- End quote ---

I think I'm excused for forgetting - it was September 2017 you started on this project!

--- End quote ---

Totally excused... I thought the forum must have it's years wrong at first... 15 months since I figured it'd "only take a weekend". Oops!

I wonder how many visitors I've missed....?  :scratch:  :lol:

awemawson:
Well I stood there pushing the bell for hours hoping for a brew, but gave up and found a cafe  :doh:

AdeV:

--- Quote from: awemawson on January 18, 2019, 05:27:05 PM ---Well I stood there pushing the bell for hours hoping for a brew, but gave up and found a cafe  :doh:

--- End quote ---

I was probably out  :lol: making really slow progress on a doorbell...  :poke:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version