Author Topic: Tig tungsten  (Read 12226 times)

Offline Alphawolf45

Re: Tig tungsten
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2019, 05:50:18 PM »
Nope Vimtagefriend , I had no idea that zink in the filler rod was a no , no...I appreciate you. I do order filler rods meant for Tig filler and hope they give me what I can use.
I am not actually retired ,I merely find myself disabled by an intolerance for productive activity.

Offline vintageandclassicrepairs

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2019, 07:06:51 PM »
Hi, Alpha,
I am not the best person to ask about the various specifics for the rods
I have only done a little TIG brazing, nothing critical, After seeing a cast iron repair on youtube I scrounged a few rods from a sculptor friend and repaired some cast iron fins on a motorcycle cylinder
Previously I have repaired fins with silver solder or braze using oxy acetylene

John

Offline Alphawolf45

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2019, 12:12:24 PM »
 I want to mention that I did get my true color welding hood yesterday and was out there this morning trying it out.... I can see!!!!!!!!!! My old Tig will only go down to 10 amps but for the first time ever I can actually see a puddle at that amperage.
   Thanks again John for the product mention. I got the wide view version.
I am not actually retired ,I merely find myself disabled by an intolerance for productive activity.

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2019, 04:43:51 PM »
Hi Alphawolf45,
Brilliant, glad to have been able to help  :beer:

John

Offline Alphawolf45

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2019, 05:48:00 PM »
It is awesome vintage buddy , extremely happy that you set me in a good direction!! Many thanks. :)

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2019, 06:59:46 PM »
I will publish the table once I have a working computer again; the files are trapped right now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2019, 07:09:17 PM »
Which helmet did you buy?

Offline Alphawolf45

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2019, 07:57:10 PM »
 You put me in a bad spot Welding Rod. First I have to admit that this new windows 10 operating system-only a couple months since I got it-- is so different from what I am used to that I cant figure out how to link to another page.. I am sure it is quite easy but I am 6 months into Chemo Therapy (2 more years of chemo therapy is already scheduled so that my brain does not work 1/2 as good as it used to. Oncologist tells me that it will be 6 months until my brain gets back to normalcy, he also says that I have an 80% chance that the cancer will return within 5 years)....... Also, I am in the USA so my link will be no good to those in the UK and elsewhere.. I had hoped I could hang back and John would have linked to his unit.. I cant help you.

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2019, 02:40:33 PM »

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2019, 10:06:13 PM »
Ooh, yeah!  Got my first loaner win 10 today.  Ick!

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2019, 10:09:06 PM »
Sorry to hear about the chemo!
I'm in Texas, so the UK link isnt super helpful.  The pictures ARE!  OMG big dc difference if it's real!  Tempted to get helmet, um, #3...

Offline Alphawolf45

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2019, 10:06:56 AM »
  Weldingrod
  I am in Arkansas.
     I don't hate windows 10 as much as I did when I first got it. Still I keep several other computers for CAD and to operate my cnc mill and I like the older systems much better.
    Anyway , best I can tell you is the name on the box for this helmet marketed in the US is Panoramic True Color. I imagine the same Chinese company made my helmet and Vintageclassicrepairs helmet. They are not the same helmet but virtually the same specifications.... The Chinese will print any name that anybody wants. Last week I received some carbide indexible inserts from China that are labeled "Mitsubishi" and "Made in Japan" ..A complete lie. But the carbide inserts were dirt cheap and look great..
    Picture of my helmet while still in it's box. Easily found on Ebay. It is quite a helmet.