Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

GCS900-2D DRO change mode ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

picclock:
@ John Rudd
No space. Its a membrane keyboard ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Membrane_keyboard, scroll down to see how it works picture ) , a solid layer of 3 materials bonded together. It connects to the circuit via a ribbon cable.

Did have mad thoughts of swapping it for one of the other (JCS900) keyboards, but don't want to end up with scrap. 

Best Regards

picclock

russ57:
Is there a hidden switch at the 's' position?
Ie, there is a switch there, but the top is not domed. Try pressing it with say the end of an Allen key.

Russ

John Rudd:

--- Quote from: russ57 on November 24, 2018, 04:14:37 PM ---Is there a hidden switch at the 's' position?
Ie, there is a switch there, but the top is not domed. Try pressing it with say the end of an Allen key.

Russ

--- End quote ---

Russ, I think he already tried...see orig post..

picclock:
@russ57

The first thing I tried was a small allen key to depress the 's' area. But there is no switch there :-(

If I resolve the issue I will post the solution.

However I would recommend any future purchasers avoid this particular model. It seems to me the JCS900 versions are easier to work with and the button layout is more logical. Mixing and matching with the GCS900 version is not smart as the axis zero and axis function buttons are transposed. Inevitably meaning that when going from one machine to another you zero the axis by accident  :Doh:.

Another snag is that the machines use different pins for the 9 way connector. I may alter the inside of the DRO(s) to accept either 9 pin configuration, its only 4 links on the socket then they become usable with either head reader version (see pinout below).

Best Regards

picclock

picclock:
Finally resolved the GCS900 mode problem.

Turn on and rapidly and repeatedly push and release the M/I button (bottom row, third key from the left) while it boots. This will bring up a menu in which dro can be selected using the arrow keys. Press enter and then select the required mode, Grinder, EDM, Lathe, mill etc. Once the correct mode is displayed then press the '.' button, in between 0 and +- key to save. 

Hope someone finds this useful  :thumbup:

Best Regards

picclock

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version