Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Mini mill Stand SX2 Plus

<< < (3/3)

chipenter:
I fitted 2 flange ball races back to back to each of my X1 lead screws , they worked well and reduced the backlash a lot .

Buell:
Yes i think a Thrust washer bearing 3 piece will be the option closest to the Hand-wheel.  At the other end the lead-screw will be unsupported as it is at the moment.. but will be coupled to the stepper motor some how.

Now the inner side of the Bearing block where the hand wheel goes Im steering toward an ordinary deep grooved ball race..I have seen some that are either 9mm perfect but 25mm diameter ..which means I have to make a New bearing block as its not big enough to take it !

velocette:
Hi
SKF list a 9 X 17 X 5 mm bearing It may just fit. Cast Iron or Aluminium are easy enough to fabricate housing to fit.

Eric

Buell:
All change ! what about this then...I went to bed last night heard some sounds coming from the other room....thought it must be the wind....woke up this morning ..Look what i found  !

Not sure yet but mocked it up and thought i would see if it works 2x bearings same at either end and new shaft diameter to suit new lead screw dimension. Then maybe i make the real thing after I iron out the things I got wrong ! Quick model in Fusion and hehe.

Buell:
Thanks for the reply didn't see that Skf bearing...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version