Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

What can I do with heating oil.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jo:

--- Quote from: awemawson on October 10, 2018, 03:39:24 PM ---Get it to me Jo !

--- End quote ---

I was looking for a zero cost option to get rid of it Andrew. I've put the word about but so far not many are still using the stuff for heating. About 300 ltrs is in secure containers, hopefully another 100ltrs will be today if the promised 25lt containers turn up.

Thanks Phil, I had noticed the tendency to have a reaction with the skin over time: Yesterday it seemed to continually get on my hands as I was decanting the stuff. I am going to put off pumping any more out until all of the promised sources of containers have delivered or confirmed failure of supply.

This morning having looked down the garden at the newly sculpted mountain range I again feel a need to see what the local mole population think of the smell of the stuff :X

Now if only there was a really cheap option to get it to heat the workshop but I am guessing it might be more hassle than heating with a storage heater.

Jo

hermetic:
Too true AdeV, that is why oil fired boilers are having premature gear pump failures too!

tom osselton:
Build a oil fired metal furnace and start casting?

AdeV:
Here's a thought....

I've got Rob Wilson's old sand casting setup - which has a propane and/or oil fired furnace...

So.... if I come get it, would you swap the oil for some castings? You'd have to make the moulds, and you might need to come up here t'frozen North to help me make them, because I've never casted before...

Jo:
If someone wants to come and get the oil they are welcome to it.

Someone mentioned that the police might not think highly of someone transporting 500+ltrs of Heating oil miles up the public highway in case there was an accident or they leaked.

Now an oil fired casting furnace... I will have to have a read up on those.

Jo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version