The Shop > Metal Stuff

Aluminium Quorn

<< < (2/3) > >>

awemawson:
A quick mental count up and a look at the Hemmingway site says eight major ones with a few  bits and bobs that could be cast or turned from solid Steve

(Though the text says 10 iron, 2 aluminium and 1 gunmetal)

http://www.hemingwaykits.com/acatalog/Quorn__Mk3__T_C__Grinder.html

vtsteam:
Thanks Andrew. So those are the two bed ends. Definitely a good start.  :thumbup:

kayzed1:
Owwww! goody, i'll take a set please..how many groats? Some thing to do before i get too old.. :beer:
Lyn.

awemawson:
In my time I've owned two Quorns - neither made by me.

In both cases the maker hadn't really used them, then having deceased, the family had left them in unheated sheds to slowly rust. Very sad as to make a Quorn from scratch is practically a lifetimes work if all the fiddly bits are properly formed.

In practise having restored them both mechanically and cosmetically I found that I very rarely used them as most bits I was doing were more suited to my Clarkson so I passed them on.

vtsteam:
It's a pretty piece of equipment, and I can see the attraction in building one. Also more compact and if scrap and home castings are used, less expensive than a commercial precision tool grinder. Definitely suited to the typical small home shop or garden shed.

Yes, rust and sheds, the perennial problem....well and old age, too. Nice of you to restore them and pass them on to others, Andrew.  :beer:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version