Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

A tiny engine

<< < (4/4)

ChooChooMike:

--- Quote from: DavesWimshurst on May 28, 2009, 04:04:23 PM ---Plans were published in the book "Steam and Stirling Engines You Can Build" published by a division of Live Steam Magazine in 1980.  The article was titled "Thimble Power Plant" by Dr. James R. Senft.
I don't know if copies of the magazine article or the book are available.
I hope this helps.
Dave

--- End quote ---

Dave, do you know if this was also published in Live Steam magazine too ? If so, remember which issue it was ?

Thanks,
Mike

Weston Bye:
All the Steam and Sterling articles are reprints from Live Steam Magazine, the article in question would have been from before 1980.  Sorry, my archive doesn't go back any farther than that.

DavesWimshurst:
I Googled it and found an eBay reference to it using the keywords "Thimble power plant live steam magazine":

Live Steam Magazine October 1976. 

It was sold.  The book is probably your best bet.
Warning it can cause eye strain! :bugeye:

Dave

ChooChooMike:

--- Quote from: DavesWimshurst on August 14, 2009, 10:33:27 PM ---I Googled it and found an eBay reference to it using the keywords "Thimble power plant live steam magazine":

Live Steam Magazine October 1976.  

It was sold.  The book is probably your best bet.
Warning it can cause eye strain!
--- End quote ---

No worry, I've got every Live Steam magazine from 1967 to the present and some of 1966 :thumbup: I'll look it up !! Thanks for the pointer :)

Mike

ChooChooMike:
Got the Oct 1976 issue and plans :thumbup: Lots of details & drawings.

Heck, there's even a few foldout pages in this issue (not related to the Thimble build). Allen locomotives catalog was $0.50 back then, now it's $5. Not too bad for inflation  :ddb:

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version