Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

Automatic paint mixing.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Joules:
How about some form of colour feedback as your batch is mixed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adafruit-TCS34725-Color-Sensor-Filter/dp/B00OKCRU5M/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1535867119&sr=8-7&keywords=adafruit+sensor

Maybe even copy existing colours, no idea how accurate the sensor is.

Will_D:
Surely the most accurate method to dispense paint would be by weighing the amount delivered. Try to integrate a digital scale into your system!

S. Heslop:

--- Quote from: Joules on September 02, 2018, 01:49:36 AM ---How about some form of colour feedback as your batch is mixed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adafruit-TCS34725-Color-Sensor-Filter/dp/B00OKCRU5M/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1535867119&sr=8-7&keywords=adafruit+sensor

Maybe even copy existing colours, no idea how accurate the sensor is.

--- End quote ---

The idea is you'd be doing the mixing by hand, and the machine just dispenses. Something that mixes too would need to have the whole chamber purged every time you want a new colour. And it turns out artists paints are pretty expensive!

Joules:
It was more the feedback could be used to refine the dispensing.  A sample on a piece of clear tape, or mix within a glass dish.  It would also tell you if the mix was consistent...  errr maybe...  or near match to a sample colour.  Create colour swatches etc with defined values, that would change from paint to paint that are used as your primary’s.

JerryNotts:
I nearly jumped out of my skin when I read the title of your thread. In a sort of dissolute way I have worked for nearly 50 years in paint laboratories.

One of the paintmaker's long term problems has been colour matching. I have had my share of frustration. I don't know whether I should follow this thread  or not.

My own colour perception is fairly adequate, certainly enough to frustrate any one who apporoaches me with an Ishihari book.

It's not just getting the colour that needs work.

Jerrry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version