The Shop > CNC

32bit controllers for 3D printing. The next BIG thing.

<< < (3/3)

WeldingRod:
I have to admit I DID design a printer...  I funded a kickstarter for a 15" class machine and later found the design they came up with sucked.  They didn't want any (free) help, even though we were all in Houston!!
Thus, I completely redesigned it, constrained only by the materials supplied and by plasma cut plates.  I ended up making at least a dozen plate sets for other builders.
I build BIG stuff all the time and use a freakish 1.2 mm nozzle. 
No, the fiber to print cats isnt commercial ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Joules:
Nice resolution, but the stringing on that cat makes the fur and whiskers look real.  How long does its batteries last ?

picclock:
@ weldingrod
That looks impressive, do you have more details.
I have been considering increasing the size of my granite based prusa because I am often printing parts in section and then joining them. A frame printer in which only the head moves is IMHO the best way to go.

@ Joules
If you are replacing the electronics have you looked at the prusa i3 mk3 gear with the EINSY rambo board. Although only 8 bit, by using the Trinamic drivers he extracts enhanced performance and features. The stall info from the drivers is used to set the zero positions so no more limit switches and nasty noises when things go wrong. He also uses an optical mouse sensor in the extruder to detect filament presence and movement. I also like the flex bed steel sheet as a nice non messy adhesion solution.

I would invest but I cannot justify the cost and it does not resolve my size issues.

Best Regards

picclock   

Joules:
I will still go with the 32 bit, you are always going hit the overhead limit on 8 bit CPU, plus they can't do the maths to the same precision and this is visible in prints.  We noticed it a long time back when we thought only delta printers would benefit from the 32 bit maths.

WeldingRod:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:981664
Documentation on my design...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version