The Shop > Tools

Unknown bandsaw.

<< < (2/5) > >>

DavidA:
A couple of additional point.

Firstly I have Emailed Tony lathes for more info on the blades and rubber tires for the rollers.

As I was cleaning the saw down I noticed that, unlike most bandsaws, this one doesn't appear to have a support roller behind the blade to take up the thrust due to pushing the job into it.

It does have both rollers (one on one side above the table and one on the opposite side below it) and some kind of fibre blocks to keep the blade centred.

There doesn't appear to be any way to locate a roller behind the blade. Is this normal for the machine ?

Dave.

P.s. I mentioned the blade speed in Feet per Minute above. It should have been in Metres per Minute.

JHovel:
Appropriate name for a manufacturer  :Doh:
"Near-OK"
 :doh: :D

millwright:
David this link is to the manual for the Clarke bandsaw its an identical machine.
 https://www.clarkeservice.co.uk/manuals/woodworker/cbs355.pdf

john

S. Heslop:

--- Quote from: millwright on August 14, 2018, 06:13:09 AM ---David this link is to the manual for the Clarke bandsaw its an identical machine.
 https://www.clarkeservice.co.uk/manuals/woodworker/cbs355.pdf

john

--- End quote ---

How on earth did they get all those photos of me. They're very private.

S. Heslop:
I ran a bandsaw like this for a few years, and while it had some problems I was able to do alot with it. My neighbour gave me a different small 2 wheeled bandsaw (PP230BDS) and I ended up chucking the 3 wheeled one, which I kind of regret. Even though it was starting to fall apart with the tyre wearing out.

The smaller wheels limit you to thinner blades, so they're not so great for ripping tall material. But they give it a way wider stance that lets you fit wider boards through it. I think that makes it a superior machine for a small bandsaw.

Also I was pleased to find out with the other small bandsaws they use the same blade diameters. Around 1500mm I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version