The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

An Encounter with a Surgical Operating Microscope.

<< < (5/5)

Pete W.:
 :offtopic:   :offtopic:   :offtopic: 

Well, folks have been viewing this thread despite my lack of input!  I apologise for my lack of posts, due to two factors:

One:  whenever I logon here I've been absorbed by Andrew's adventure with his CNC lathe, and

Two:  I've been distracted by a problem with the family car!  The flange on the handle of the oil-level dip-stick has embrittled with age and one or more fragments of it have fallen down the dip-stick tube.

I bought a bore-scope, its head is 5.5 mm in diameter and has six LEDs on its face, surrounding the camera.  It plugs into the USB socket of a smart phone or lap-top.  It cost about £6 and came in a smart cardboard box with clear plastic windows - I fail to see how anyone could produce just that box and get it from China to the UK for £6, never mind the contents!!!!!!
It works impressively well out in the open.  The problem was that it's been coiled up in the box for so long that I couldn't get the head to lie axially in the dip-stick tube so,
it didn't yield the pictorial evidence for which I was hoping.   :bang:   :bang:   :bang: 
The next gambit was to buy a 24" long 'grabber' with a flexi stem.  It has four claws that come out of its head when the knob is operated and even has three button cells and an illuminating LED.
However, it's head was too big a diameter to fit down the dip-stick tube!!!   :bang:   :bang:   :bang:

I'm awaiting delivery of a slimmer grabber and I hope to return to the surgical microscope saga when the dip-stick problem is resolved.   

awemawson:
Oi, don't blame ME young Pete  :lol:

Pete W.:

--- Quote from: awemawson on October 15, 2018, 09:26:35 AM ---Oi, don't blame ME young Pete  :lol:

--- End quote ---

Well, it wasn't just you - Steve's bridge-building account was in there too!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version