The Shop > Tools

Raising the boxford

<< < (2/2)

Coldrolled:
I did do some measuring and yes i do need to ream out the holes to tap them so i am on the right path. I did look at feet but given the price of them, i thought i would aid my addiction and make some. One section of my problem is to raid skips, my job sites and keep it for later use and found some stuff.

"its not junk, its for an unknow project that you have not told me about yet" Famous line to my wife. Be warned, does not work everytime.

RotarySMP, Thank you for your input on the rubber feet, once again, i have some cattle mat - Dont ask but i have some. I think i will weld a small plate on the inside and use the rubber to dampen it.

It does do a lot of chattering at the moment as it is only wedged with some old scraps of wood, well mdf if you call that wood

beeshed:
Don't stick a lathe up on wibbly-wobbly stalks. Git a bit of 4x4 fencepost out of a skip long enough to stick out a few inches each side for extra stability with little 1/8 in pad feet at the headstock end and a central pad at the tailstock end if you are moving it around a lot, or same as the headstock and take 30 seconds to shim it to not rock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version