Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

DIY tablet computer, maybe.

<< < (3/22) > >>

awemawson:
On a normal pc if the picture is as wide as you make it you have to use the slide bars to scroll about, but if there is more than one picture as soon as you move the first you've lost the scroll bars  :bang: It's also an unnecessary waste of band width . Some pictures (such as circuit diagrams for instance) sometimes need a higher resolution, but in the example of your picture above, no meaningful detail would be lost.

Here it is at a 800x600 pixel resolution and nothing has been lost !!!!

S. Heslop:
Going to a place tomorrow to pick up a mirror for some DIY work, i'll probably see if they can do 3mm tempered glass or know anywhere that might. I believe tempered glass has some light polarizing properties that might interfere with the display though, but maybe that's just car windows that are also laminated.

vtsteam:
Simon, sorry,  it really messes up my own screen when trying to read a thread if people use img tags with photos exceeding 800 pixels. Please consider either attaching them if larger, or keeping to the forum requested limit of 800 pixels for linked photos. I appreciate it, buddy.  :beer:

S. Heslop:
It's starting to look a little Star Trek. I think its the button arrangement.

Still considering if this is the ideal way to go about it. I figure it'd be best if the plate glass is supported all around on a ledge that it's glued into, and the easiest way for me to make that would be with two layers of... perhaps aluminium. Prices might put me off when I check! Then the screen itself is just screwed on behind, saving it from taking any of the pen pressure.

Question is - how do I stick the two plates together. Welding would distort. It'd be too thin to hide screws. Loctite is expensive and I don't have a whole lot of faith in adhesives... maybe I could stick rivets in, ground flush, and paint the aluminium rather than anodize it. For starters I've never anodized before and that's a whole art from what i've seen, and paint/ filler could hide the seam.

Y'know I could probably make it at least 30mm narrower but I need that decorative strip! If I could rely on some kind of adhesive then I could replace the top plate entirely with the glass plate, but then i'd need to ditch that strip.

S. Heslop:
I think i've got it. If I move the black dots a few mm towards the screen then they line up with the band that goes around the edge, and that'd give load of engagement for some long countersunk screws and sandwich all 3 parts together. Then I can loctite those in and fill the holes with bodyfiller.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version