The Shop > Composites & Plastics

Fursuit Partial Video

<< < (3/3)

WeldingRod:
You could use modern furby eyes with a colored filter over them.  They are round micro lcd displays with a backlight.  I bet you could change the backlight source to another color!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

S. Heslop:

--- Quote from: WeldingRod on August 10, 2018, 09:38:00 PM ---It turns out that silicone is easy to bond!
Either use silicone caulk (if you want fully flexible) or rubber toughened superglue (loctite black max).  You MUST use a heptane based primer with copper Sulfate in it.  Allow the primer to dry, then glue it.
I had to do some measurements of silicone bonding strength on Aluminum, and I needed a way to attach the pull test dollies.  Worked like a charm, and the rubber would either come off of the plate I was testing, or it would tear the bulk rubber.  A superglue failure was really rare (just a couple in 50 or so tests).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

That's fantastic information! Thanks for posting it.

I'm not as happy to hear they found a way to make furbies even more horrific though.

Edit: To add to that a bit. I've not found alot of people trying to glue silicones on the internet, and all i've found are a few product pitches that promise the world. So I appreciate hearing about something that works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version